About Me

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Louise and I've been working with children for over 8 years! Having working in a private day nursery for 6years and now currently working as a Nanny for two families per week. I have been a Nanny since September 2010. I love being able to provide the children in my care a range of different play based activities which they may otherwise never get to experience . I also try to ensure that whilst having fun they're learning important skills to help promote their development and life skills.

Coloured Scented Spaghetti in Mirrored tins

Cooked Spaghetti is a great play resource for all ages and abilities. So to add a different sensory element to it I added some essences to it to give it some wonderful scents and aromas. 

To create the coloured scented spaghetti I filled 4 tubs with water, food colouring and a few drops of different essences e.g peppermint, strawberry, lemon, vanilla. 

I then placed a handful of dry spaghetti into each individual pot and left to absorb the water for a few hours (I organised this after breakfast so we could play and explore in the afternoon after nap time)

Once ready to use I transferred the spaghetti onto a piece of baking paper to absorb any extra water. 

Then presented it in Mirrored tins to allow for a smooth surface as well as adding another visual sensory element with the reflective tins. 

The children (aged 2 years) loved just running the spaghetti through their hands and using fine motor skills to pick up and slide around individual strands of spaghetti.



No comments:

Post a Comment