About Me

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Louise and I've been working with children for over 8 years! Having working in a private day nursery for 6years and now currently working as a Nanny for two families per week. I have been a Nanny since September 2010. I love being able to provide the children in my care a range of different play based activities which they may otherwise never get to experience . I also try to ensure that whilst having fun they're learning important skills to help promote their development and life skills.

Play dough Currant buns in a bakers shop

A favourite song at the moment with my 3year olds in 5 currant buns in a bakers shop, I then used that as our theme for another Play dough activity.
First I made 4 fresh batches of play dough with the children each with different colours of their choice and we added some essences to each colour dough as well for a added sensory experience.
Both the of the children were very keen to get creative with their new doughs and took their colours off to the table to play they both used the pots I Intended to store the dough in and pushed a circle print into the dough with it, this created our buns. I then gave then some new beads which we used as currants.
We sang the song together and acted it out too with our "currant buns" passing them to each other and taking turns with buying them as well.

The beads were a great addition to the Play dough as they allow the children to use every small movements to hold them, pick them up and push them in and out of the dough so if great for developing those pincer movements needed for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment