About Me

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Louise and I've been working with children for over 8 years! Having working in a private day nursery for 6years and now currently working as a Nanny for two families per week. I have been a Nanny since September 2010. I love being able to provide the children in my care a range of different play based activities which they may otherwise never get to experience . I also try to ensure that whilst having fun they're learning important skills to help promote their development and life skills.

3D modelling



I've been collecting alot of resources lately so we could do some recycled model making, and have finally got round to finding the time to a larger project. 

I let the children freely design and make what they wanted to make and explained to them to ask if they needed help but otherwise they can do what ever they wanted. 

I set about making my own model so I could role model some skills to them. 

I spoke to the children about what they had chose to make and asked what they felt they needed. M made a pig out of an egg box and J made a volcano. ( I made a crocodile). 

At just turned 4years old there was a lot of the activity which the children could do themselves therefore only needing little bits of help to hold bits in place whilst they sourced the glue tape or other materials. 

Although they took a while to get going and keeping themselves engaged with the activity they finally achieved their creations and were very proud to take ownership of their models at the end. 

We used a large selection of resources but you could provide your child with as much or as little as you'd like, here's a few of the things we used... 

*various shapes and sizes of boxes 
*felt 
*glue (PVA, tacky glue and stick) 
*foam shapes 
*various papers or shapes, sizes, colours and textures
*scissors - both straight and patterned 
*sticky tape 
*coloured tape. 

There is some much that can be done with a few things that would have otherwise gone in the recycling bin or are laying in the back of the art cupboard for that special activity that your never do! 

Let your child's imagination run wild. 



No comments:

Post a Comment