About Me

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Hi I'm Louise and I've been working with children for over 8 years! Having working in a private day nursery for 6years and now currently working as a Nanny for two families per week. I have been a Nanny since September 2010. I love being able to provide the children in my care a range of different play based activities which they may otherwise never get to experience . I also try to ensure that whilst having fun they're learning important skills to help promote their development and life skills.

Discovery Bottles


A Discovery bottle is a great way of getting children and babies to 
experiment, explore think and talk.
They are cheap and easy to make and suitable for a range of different ages and 
those with additional needs too. 
 Discovery bottles can stimulate different senses by making sounds, emitting aromas or 
presenting small worlds. 

All you need is a variety of different shaped and sized clear bottles and 
and variety of objects to fill them with 


I've used mini pom poms, sequins, coloured water, coloured rice, glitter, feathers, 
and any think I could find in the craft and sensory play boxes.

Once you have filled your bottles make sure you secure the lids with some strong glue 
before allowing the children to explore. 


No comments:

Post a Comment